Makes 6 ready in 40 min
100g self raising flour
150ml double cream
3 tblsp strawberry jam
2 tblsp icing sugar
8" Cake tin or 12 silicone moulds
Small cookie cutter/small drinking glass
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C, Gas 4, 350°F.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs to mixture and whisk into mixture. Fold in the flour and whisk until you get a thick mixture.
3. Line or grease your cake tin or silicon moulds and add the mixture and spread so it coats the bottom evenly.
4. Place in the oven an cook until golden brown on top this should be approx 15-20min.
5. Take the cake out of the oven and place on a rack until cooled completely
6. Meanwhile whip the double cream until thick and holds its shape.
7. If you used a cake tin use the cookie cutter or a small drinking glass to cut out small circular shapes from the sponge.
8. Take one cake circle and spread with 1/2 tbsp jam. Then add a layer of cream (i piped mine on by you can simply spread on). Slice the strawberries and a a few on top of the cream.
9. Take another cake circle and add it to the top of your filling (making sure its 'top side' up). Add a sprinkle of icing sugar and then top off with a slice of strawberry.
I'm trying very hard to work on a new pattern but my little one is making it impossible to get anything done at night as he reuses to sleep - oh the joys of parenting. I'm also on the lookout for a little sewing table as the one I'm using is as much use as a chocolate tea pot, so answers on a postcard please.